To help migratory birds, lighting owners can:
- Install motion sensors
- Install shielding
- Turn off outdoor lighting by midnight
- New fixtures can be installed, like the fixture on the left.
- Shielding can be added to old fixtures, like the after-market shield in the middle.
- Motion detectors with new LED fixtures will save the most money, for example the fixture on the right.
Advantages to homeowners:
- Save money
- Save electricity
- Improve safety (with shielding)
- Add beauty
- Help migratory birds